Eric L. Schlevensky
With a strong background in electrical engineering and an inventor himself, Eric brings a unique perspective to his work at Boyle Fredrickson. Before pursuing a law degree, he spent eleven years as a practicing engineer, primarily in product development. Eric’s engineering experience includes writing software for custom machine tools and motor drives. While working as an engineer, he became the named inventor on two patents.
Eric has been an attorney with the firm since 2008 and a shareholder since 2016. His practice focuses primarily on:
• Patent prosecution
• Trademark prosecution
In addition, he counsels clients on strategy for protecting their intellectual property rights both domestically and internationally.
He has represented a wide range of clients, from the solo inventor to Fortune 500 companies, over a wide range of technology, including industrial automation, power electronics, alternative energy, signal processing, network devices, medical imaging, and agricultural equipment.
News & Publications
Academics & Education
- Milwaukee School of Engineering, B.S., Electrical Engineering, with Honors
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.S., Electrical Engineering
- Marquette University Law School, J.D.
- Wisconsin State Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Awards & Recognitions
- Grainger Outstanding Power Engineering Student Award, UW-Madison
- Magnetek, senior software development engineer
- Ingersoll Milling Machine Company, associate software engineer
- State of Wisconsin, Licensed Professional Engineer