Michael T. Griggs
Michael is an experienced litigator who has handled all phases of litigation from the initial pleadings stage through trial. In addition to his litigation practice, Michael prepares and prosecutes patent and trademark applications in order to protect his clients’ intellectual property rights. Michael prides himself on providing candid analysis and advice to his clients in order to devise practical strategies for intellectual property acquisition, protection and enforcement.
A shareholder with the firm, Michael currently serves as Secretary of the Board.
News & Publications
- Federal Circuit Strengthens Design Patents By Making It Easier To Prove Infringement
- Biz Times Milwaukee Personnel File
- Griggs Presents At Innovation Conference
Academics & Education
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. Federal District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Federal District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Awards & Recognitions
- Ideas to Profits Conference, UW-Whitewater, presenter
- Alverno College, guest lecturer on protecting innovation
- U.S. Army, instructor for engineers, invention disclosure and patent application
- Beem Patent Law Firm, Associate Attorney
- Krohn & Moss, Associate Attorney
- Dynamic Drinkware v. National Graphics
- Bear Archery v. AMS, LLC