Jay G. Durst
With expertise in patent and trademark prosecution, Jay offers counsel to some of Boyle Fredrickson’s leading clients. Jay’s background in electrical and chemical engineering led him to the firm in 2001.
Jay’s work in the area of nanotechnology includes providing IP counsel with respect to a wide range of mechanical and electrical inventions. In particular, Jay has filed and prosecuted patent applications directed to high-tech analysis instruments involving associated physical structure, control circuitry and software.
Jay was instrumental in guiding Boyle Fredrickson when the firm was searching for a new office location in downtown Milwaukee. His strong interest in real estate helped the firm secure space that will keep them in the heart of the city for many years to come.
Jay is a Boyle Fredrickson shareholder and a member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
News & Publications
- “Should Infringing Acts Authorized Within the United States but Committed Extraterritorially Constitute a Valid Claim for Infringement Under US. Copyright Law?” Wisconsin International Law Journal, Author
Academics & Education
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, J.D.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Nilles and Nilles
- Price, Heneveld, Cooper, DeWitt and Litton