James F. Boyle
As one of the founders of the firm, Jim Boyle has more than 25 years of experience in commercial intellectual property litigation. He has a deep knowledge of engineering and concentrates on clients’ broader business issues, forging a fit between those issues and a sound legal strategy.
In addition to preparing and prosecuting both patent and trademark applications, Jim has successfully litigated many cases involving patent infringement, trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation and copyright infringement of misappropriated architectural works in both federal and state courts.
He is a past president of the firm and is currently serving as treasurer for its Board of Directors.
He is a member of the Marquette University School of Engineering National Advisory Council.
- Patent infringement
- Trademark infringement
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Copyright infringement
News & Publications
- Patent Quantity and Quality Issues Up For Debate
- New Domain Names May Impact IP Rights
- Potential Patent Reform Measures Come Under Fire
- James F. Boyle named to Wisconsin Super Lawyers
Academics & Education
- Marquette University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering
- Marquette University Law School, J.D.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Awards & Recognitions
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America for work in Patent Law (2015 and 2018) and Litigation – Intellectual Property (2014 and 2017)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for work in Litigation – Intellectual Property, Litigation – Patent, and Patent Law
- Wisconsin Law Journal – Leader in the Law