Adam L. Brookman
Practical. That one word describes Adam’s approach to addressing issues. In representing clients, he advocates practical business solutions rather than purely legal ones. Adam’s diverse practice involves intellectual property litigation and business transactions as well as trademark, patent, and copyright acquisition. While always a part of his practice, more recently, Adam has become even more heavily involved in the drafting and negotiating of complex license agreements and vendor contracts.
As lead counsel for Edison Parking in Pavia v. Edison Parking, Adam played a key role in the landmark decision on the Federal Copyright Visual Artists Rights Act handed down by the United States Federal District Court for the Southern District of New York. He was also instrumental in obtaining the first liability finding under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act for the use of false names in the sending of spam.
A noted speaker and author, Adam’s publications include a major treatise entitled Trademark Law: Protection, Enforcement and Licensing. He is a former Marquette University adjunct professor, serves as an expert witness on design patent and trademark law and is a frequent speaker on technology, e-commerce and intellectual property issues.
A shareholder and past President of the firm, Adam is listed in Who’s Who in America and the Best Lawyers in America.
Adam recently published an updated version of “Trademark Law: Protection, Enforcement and Licensing, Second Edition.” We recommend you pick up this updated text posthaste, as it’s an exceptionally educational read. To underscore just how instrumental it is, we’ve created a video illustrating the treatise’s practicality. “The Top !0 Ways to Use the New Edition of Adam Brookman’s Trademark Treatise” is a reminder of the importance of keeping things light and staying creative. And if you weren’t already aware of just how robust and inventive Adam is, this video will leave no doubts.
News & Publications
- Trademark Law: Protection, Enforcement and Licensing, author
- Nothing Rivals The Colman Group’s Chef Revival
- Trademark Scams Increase, Become Harder to Detect
- Managing IP in a Recession
- Firms Develop Guidelines for Attorney Social Networking
- Ruling allows free software developers to sue-WI Law Journal
Academics & Education
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Industrial Engineering
- George Washington University School of Law, J.D.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of New York
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Eastern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for work in Litigation – Patent and Patent Law
- Piliero Goldstein Kogan & Miller, LLP, Partner
- Godfrey & Kahn, Shareholder
- Curtis, Morris & Safford, Shareholder
- Marquette University School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Pavia vs. Edison Parking