Intellectual Property Legal Assistant
At Boyle Fredrickson, the foundation of our success lies in our great people. As Wisconsin’s largest intellectual property (IP) law firm, with more than 20 specialized IP lawyers and experienced support staff, we aggressively recruit the best and brightest professionals to join our team. We welcome those who thrive in a casual, yet stimulating and progressive environment. The firm seeks administrative professionals who are detail-oriented, dedicated and driven to best serve the needs of our clients.
A legal assistant at Boyle Fredrickson will be asked to perform legal secretarial, paralegal and administrative duties in the areas of patent law, trademark law, litigation, and other intellectual property areas. He or she will be responsible for maintaining various legal records, verify data received, and preparing reports and correspondence. Telephone and in-person communication with clients is also important. The legal assistant must have the skill to effectively use a Windows-based computer system for document creation and management. Strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt to new systems and procedures are required. Intellectual Property law experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Experience with the creation and manipulation of digital images is preferred but not required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare legal correspondence and memos (some dictation possible)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Prepare and file U.S. patent and trademark applications electronically through the United States Patent and Trademark Office website
- Check status of specific matters with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Docketing and schedule maintenance
- Filing, copying and scanning of documents
- Preparation of documents for mailing via USPS and courier
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send your resume via mail, email or fax to:
Boyle Fredrickson, S.C.
840 N. Plankinton Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
About Boyle Fredrickson
Established in 1999, Boyle Fredrickson has grown to become Wisconsin’s largest intellectual property law firm. You’ve got ideas, we protect them.