Michael J. Gratz
Michael is experienced in all areas of intellectual property law, including licensing, patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret law.
An honest, straight-forward thinker, Michael is a strong client advocate who is active in the professional community and frequently lectures on various IP topics. One of the co-founders of the firm, he is a past president of the board of directors for the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Intellectual Property Section and past chair of the Milwaukee Bar Association’s Intellectual Property Section and St. Thomas More Lawyers Society. Michael is a published author, most recently co-authoring the chapters on patents and trade secrets for the State Bar’s Business Advisory Series.
News & Publications
- Boyle Fredrickson Among Top Trademark Firms
- Boyle Fredrickson and Kikkoman Discuss International Relations
- Camp Invention Excites Children About Math and Science
- Intellectual Property Rights Up for Grabs In Cases of Bankruptcy
Academics & Education
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., Mathematics, Dean’s List
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, J.D.
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Air Force, (USAF), space systems crew commander and flight operations control officer
- Wisconsin Air National Guard, 115 Fighter Wing, Judge Advocate (JAG)
- Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek S.C.
- Nilles and Nilles
Awards & Recognitions
- Rated AV Preeminent for 10 years – Martindale-Hubbel Peer Review Ratings